Monday, July 28, 2008

VERY EXCITING WEEK!!!!!!!!!!

So this week has been absolutely incredible! God is moving so much here in J-city! We saw our first

!!!!!!!!!!!

We actually saw four this week alone!!!!!!!!! We have been able to actually share the love of God with many people and it has been so encouraging! We have also seen healings! I have to tell you the spirits of our team is up up up. We are really feeling the power of God and we want more!! hehe



This is a very sweet sweet lady named Oma (grandma) Kristina. She is a beautiful woman who I met in the first slum we visited during our first week. I saw her and felt that i needed to tell her how beautiful she was. She said she was just a grandma, how could she be beautiful but in my two Indonesia words I assured her she is ;0) Ever since that day, when she sees us coming up the road she gets out of her chair to give me a big hug! I love it so much and I had been wanting to badly to speak with her but it seemed that we were always in passing so I never had time or a translator. On one of our limited speech meetings she hugged we and looked me in the eyes and did the "father, son, Holy Sp.irit" sign (catholic) and I was so surprised and happy because I had just assumed she was Mus.lim! I decided after that to write her a scripture from an Indonesian bible. I asked one of my translators to help me write her a special note from me as well and I tried for two weeks to deliver it to her! (she was never home!) When I finally saw her she was so blesses and insisted that I come up to her home so I took one of our translators and we spent a wonderful hour with her! She is so funny and sweet! I told her that she really reminds me of my Grandma and she said that I reminded her of her grand daughter! So we decided that we have each other here and I now have a surrogate Grandma since mine are so far away! hehe I absolutely love her! Her birthday is on August 16th, 8 days after mine so I am going to bring her a cake and throw her a little party! I cant wait!





We also started to do family portraits in the water slum to honor the families there. This is one of the families and the little baby in my middle is actually a year old. The baby on the right is three months old but yet so much bigger. We were able to encourage the mother to take her baby to the hospital to runs some tests on why she is not gaining weight properly. We also were able to pray over her. We will be checking in with her soon.


On Saturday we did a mini Discipleship Tra.ining school for our translators and some youth that come with us during ministry. I was able to speak on the topic of hearing God's voice. We had a good time of teaching and then we went into the community to put Love in Action!



This is the slum we went into. We saw TWO Sal.vations this day! The students were pumped!

This story is incredible..... So remember in my last blog entry where I wrote about the little girl with Typhoid that we prayed for and her fever went down as we prayed??? Well the next day, SHE WAS COMPLETELY HEALED!! We went back and she was running around playing full of energy and had no signs of sickness! Her parents were very happy and we give all glory to the Big Man!! Hallelujah

We were blessed to be able to see our other team members who stay in other parts of the city. Since we went through lecture phase all together we became close and it is hard not to see them so it was so nice to have a wor.ship time, good home cooked dinner and Madagascar for our movie! So funny!
This is Samuel from Brazil and Steve from LA
This is Philippe from Switzerland and Sarah from Canada
Then a few of us today for our day off went to the mall....Its one where you can bargain so we were excited but then we went in.....
Can you say overwhelming hahaha

Anyways that's all for now. It's 1 am and I have to be up around 7:30! Love you and Miss you all! God Bless You!!!



1 comment:

Jenna said...

i love your heart soo much..even though i live with you..i miss our cuddle times! I'm soo excited to see how much God is moving through you amanda..you make my heart smile so much!!! =]